NuEyes allowing the visually impaired to see
What is NuEyes?
NuEyes is the future of wearable technology allowing those with low vision to see and take part in everyday tasks, such as reading and being able to see a loved ones face. NuEyes featuring ODG Smartglasses are electronic, lightweight, and compact allowing for hands-free use.
What conditions does NuEyes help?
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Ocular Albinism
- Optic Atrophy
- Cone-Rod Dystrophy
- Forms of Glaucoma
- Stargardt’s Disease
- Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
- Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Forms of Retinitis Pigmentosa
- And other conditions
The elderly population is growing exponentially and with that comes higher levels of visually impairing diseases. NuEyes in partnership with ODG wants to give the visually impaired the opportunity to have a normal life and partake in everyday tasks without their vision disabling them. Everyone has the right to see!
What activities can I do?
- Going to school
- Watching TV
- Managing finances
- Attend cultural events
- Travelling on public transportation
- Seeing a loved one’s face for possibly the first time
What makes Nueyes different?
- Sleek design – Our smartglasses are lightweight and compact, weighing only .27 lbs(125 grams). They are all black with a stylish and practical design.
- Allows freedom – A hands-free device allows use of both hands while the smartglasses enable vision.
- Speech Recognition – lets wearers use voice commands to improve the image projected through the lenses.
- OCR/TTS – Optical Character Recognition along with Text To Speech technology will read printed material to the wearer.
- Activities of daily living – NuEyes smart glasses for low vision are wireless, allowing free and independent mobility in the home and outside. Tasks from cooking to grocery shopping are now made possible.
- Natural Sight Replicated – The front camera auto focus feature allows automatic focus switching between near and far objects to simulate the function of natural human eyes. Mid-range vision will help in seeing faces or watching TV. Lastly, long-range vision allows sight for far away, such as looking outside a window (via the included optional 2x lens).
- NuEyes “smart” glasses offer magnification up to 12x (additional 2x lens included for distance)
- NuEyes smart glasses are the first wireless, hands-free low vision aids that offer mobility benefits as users do not have to bother themselves with wires and control buttons.
Proof that NuEyes works.
At the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 NuEyes featuring ODG Smartglasses were distinguished as a winner named “technology that improves lives”. Within our website are numerous articles documenting the success of NuEyes as well as videos showing the real life improvement that our glasses can have.
The Origin of NuEyes
CEO Mark Greget was working with distributing magnifying boxes for the visually impaired in their homes. A recurring question arose as to why technology had not been created in glasses to do the same thing as the big and bulky boxes. Next came the idea to create a pair of glasses that would fulfill these needs. Soon after Mark started working with different manufacturers for head worn devices trying to find what was going to be best for the consumer. Partnering with a company called ODG, Osterhout Design Group, who makes military technology for special operations they created the NuEyes smart glasses for low vision.